On this glorious Sunday morning, I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah.
Though scholars have estimated Jesus was most likely born in Autumn, it is still wonderful to celebrate His birth.
What a life! If I were to name one hero who walked this earth, it would be Jesus.
Love came down to a world filled with chaos and sin. He left paradise for a sinful, broken world. He did not come as a fully grown man. He humbled Himself to enter the world as we do, as a baby.
He grew, learned to navigate through our world with the limitations of being human.
He did not remain a baby, He grew to be a man of wisdom, and authority. Jesus demonstrated what one person fully yielded to God the Father could accomplish.
The same Jesus who was before the foundations of the earth, took on flesh, dwelt among us, and eventually took on our sins on a rugged cross.
He did not give His life for the innocent. He gave His life for the guilty.
You and I were enemies of God. Yet He chose to pay a price we could not pay.
What a gift! What a Savior!!
This is a time of year where people spend time buying gifts or giving gifts. I can think of no better gift than God. The Father gave His Son. The Son gave His life. All so you and I could have everlasting life. He is the gift that keeps on giving.
We have been given through the Son:
- Access to God the Father. No longer must be perform cleansing rituals to be in His presence.
- Forgiveness of Sins and New Life. There is nothing we can do to make ourselves righteous before God. So He, through our repentance and faith, gives us His Righteousness.
- Our Names Written in the Lambs Book of Life. Those in Christ have a destiny sealed in eternity, with God (Revelation 21:27).
- Every Spiritual Blessing in the Heavenlies in Christ Jesus. Read Ephesians 1:3.
- Relationship with God. The greatest gift of all.
- And So Much More!
Today and every day may you and I give thanks for the greatest gift to ever be given to our world. May we not only celebrate family and friendships, and enjoy the passing of gifts to one another, may we celebrate the greatest gift of all; God.
He has blessed the world with so many miracles, too many to count. He has provided for His people. He has done great wonders. He has been the greatest gift throughout the centuries. God is the gift that will never grow old nor decay. It is His sustaining life that awakened us today!
From my home to yours I bless you! May you feel the warmth of God’s incredible embrace and reflect on all He is and all He has done for you.
Warm Wishes and Great Love,