Beautiful friends, I am starting a new series on manifesting sonship. What does this mean? Glad you inquired. 🙂 It will be a series devoted to dissecting God’s words on identity, praying, and activations in identity.
What does it mean to be a son or daughter of God? Who are you in Christ? What were you created to do? How does God see you? What do you have access to in the Son? How do you appropriate and activate (walk in) what’s already given? What is Kingdom authority? How do you win spiritual battles?
Once we know who God is, we find out who we are. Once we find out who we are, we begin to manifest the likeness of God in the earth. All of creation is groaning for the sons and daughters of God to arise, come up higher, and take their rightful place in the earth.
We were created for dominion. We were created to bring heaven down. We were created to bring God glory and manifest what He’s like.
The disciples did more than learn the teachings of Jesus. They did what they saw Him doing; preach the Gospel, heal the sick, cleanse lepers, deliver the oppressed, feed the poor…we can and are called to do those things as well.
I wanted to start this series with some tools.
One of the enemy’s greatest tools/objectives is to pull you and I down to his level. He’s on the ground under the feet of Jesus. He’s defeated. Don’t let him fool you. He has authority surrendered to him by humans. He’s not God’s equal. He’s not even on the same playing field as God. It simply looks that way if you don’t know God or have been pulled down to the evil one’s level.
Intimidation is powerful. If you can convince someone they are powerless or weaker than you, you can beat them every time.
Important note: the evil one is not bigger or more powerful than God. He’s not more powerful than the Holy Spirit in you!
Come Up Higher:
Life from God’s perspective is SO much sweeter.
I learned in Krav Maga (Israeli Street Fighting/Self Defense) you never want to fight on the ground. Ground fighting gives your enemy an advantage over you. Don’t fight on his level. Come up higher, keep him on the ground.
God tells us we are seated in heavenly places in Christ, that’s far above principalities and powers. He says we have authority in His name and power in the Holy Spirit. He says we are above and not beneath. Need scriptural references, check out Ephesians 1 and Ephesians 2.
We don’t ground fight with a defeated enemy. We rise above him and stomp on his head. How?
- Intimacy with God (stay connected to the Vine in every season). Apart from Him we can do nothing (John 15:5).
- Through worship & praise (true worship opens the heavens and attracts the glory of God)
- Through declaring God’s words (Heaven responds to declarations aligned with God’s will). The power of life and death is in your tongue (Proverbs 18:21). Say what He’s saying. Words are seeds that once you plant them they are growing something for heaven (good) or hell (death, discouragement, evil). Toss the gossip, back biting, complaining.
- With joy (joy is a weapon).The Bible says, “Rejoice, again I say rejoice!” (Phil 4:4).
- By maintaining peace (peace and patience are mighty). Be still and know He is God. He will be exalted in the earth (Psalm 46:10)
- Through forgiving others & releasing offense (harboring unforgiveness and offense gives the evil one prime access to your life.)
- Through rest (abiding in God is powerful).
- By walking in agape love (God’s love is the most powerful force in the Universe!)
- By obeying God and doing what we see Jesus doing. Jesus listened and watched for what the Father was saying and doing. He maintained alignment with heaven.
- Release what you carry. Pity parties don’t bring breakthrough-focusing on the problem or solely inward. Found when my life is blowing up one of the best things to do is go be a blessing. Nothing angers hell more than you being like Jesus: share the gospel, pray for the sick, share God’s love. I send a message, “If you attack me, I’m simply going to keep releasing what God has deposited. I give more!”
Sweet friends, I hope you’re excited about this new series. I am. I am cheering for you. I am praying for you! Leave a comment if you have specific prayer needs. You are deeply loved! You are God’s workmanship, created for glory.
Papa God I ask You’d bless each of us with a deeper revelation of who You are, how much You love us, who we are in You, Your plans for the earth, and show us life from heaven’s perspective. Everything is infinitely small compared to You. Take us higher and deeper in Your love. In Jesus powerful name, amen.
Love in Christ,
5 thoughts on “Come Up Higher (Manifesting Sonship Series Intro)”
Thanks so much for this. Things my heart knew but my mind needed to hear. This really spoke to my situation. If you could, would you pray for me? I’ve struggled for years with insecurity and anxiety, and now that I’m a Christian I realize it must be left behind. I really, really want to give my all and pour my life out for Jesus but feel stuck because of fear. Like fear of what my unbelieving family and friends will think /say/do. Saying that this is a valid obstacle sounds foolish in a way but I can’t seem to get past it. I haven’t been able to focus for months… Anyway, you’re articles are really good and are a great blessing to me. I pray He draws you closer to his heart and continues to show you who He really is.
Travis you are SO deeply loved. God loves you and sees right where you are. He’s overjoyed to be in fellowship with you. So I ask in Jesus name for your heart to be saturated with His love. His perfect love drives out fear! He cares so deeply for you! May your heart be flooded with the love, joy, peace, goodness, hope, faith, and kindness of Jesus. God bless you today and always, exceedingly and abundantly. Above all you could ask or imagine. Amen.
Thank you so much for the word and encouragemental, I needed it. God bless you.
God bless you!