Photo source: Pinterest
Morning Devotion: The only solution, Jesus.
My spirit has been grieved this week over our world. We have tried protests, policies, judgements, for some Facebook/Social Media rants, division, petitions, etc…yet none of these things deal with the root. They may temporaily deal with fruit, yet they do not remove the root.
The root resides deep inside the soul and spirit. Unless there is an encounter with Jesus in those places, there will continue to be fruit that does not look Jesus.
Striving and self help are not our ultimate friends. We can not will ourselves to be like Jesus nor love like Jesus. It comes straight from the mouth of Jesus, “If you abide (remain, stay connected to) in Me, you will bear much fruit (from John 15:4-5).”
Abiding in Jesus is the key to love, peace, joy, and the ability to have compassion even for those who hurt you, persecute you, or hate you.
Sometimes I have to just drop into the arms of Jesus. “Here I am, I do not know what to do. My heart needs you. I need you.” Jesus responds every single time.
God is good and loves us all. Our world needs Jesus.
- In a world full of craziness, the solution is Jesus.
- In a world full of hatred, the solution is Jesus.
- In a world full of gross selfishness, the solution is Jesus.
- In a world full of identity crisis, the solution is Jesus.
- In a world full of deception, the solution is Jesus.
- In a world full of messes, the solution is Jesus.
- In a world full of misplaced priorities, the solution is Jesus.
- In a world full of dishonor/disrespect, the solution is Jesus.
- In a world full of insecurity, the solution is Jesus.
Yeshua come… ישו באה
So my prayer today is our world encounters Jesus…truly encounters Jesus…not the Jesus painted in the image of mankind (our ideas), the real Jesus seated at the right hand of the Father.
Sometimes chaos is brought to the surface so we can seek God and heal…not leaders, politicians, etc…Jesus. We need God. Apart from God there is no agape love (perfect, sacrificial, unselfish love).
Lord, help us to surrender to your Lordship in every area of our lives. We need you! Our world needs you. Help those of us who claim you to abide in you and help others encounter you. Bring revival at the heart level that brings about transformation of cities and Nations. We need radical change on the heart level. Heal and restore us from the crazy of the world. In Jesus powerful name. Amen.
You are so deeply loved and prayed for too!
Love in Christ,